Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Can't connect to Wifi

4651 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-02 09:38:51

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    jbautoworkz
    2017-01-19 02:28:52
     The device can't connect to wifi. We spoke to some technician over the phone and insisted that our router is at fault. The guy said that the device can only connect to 2.4Ghz so we separated our 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. We attempted to only connect to the 2.4Ghz and it still won't connect. He asked us to go to our neighbors' to see if we connect to their wifi and it still won't connect. He continued to insist that the problem was our router so we bought a new one. We're now using a Ubiquiti Unifi Ap-AC Lite and it's transmitting at the highest power, which means the residential areas next to us can probably pick up our wifi right now and it still doesn't work.

We were able to update the device by placing the device inches away from the wireless AP and even that isn't reliable as it would constantly disconnect. Even after this, it would still show that the signal is "poor." What we've also done is used our phones as a hotspot and placed it LITERALLY on top of the device. We'd like it if we didn't have to do this anymore.

We'd like to be able to use this device anywhere in our shop.

We're at our wit's end.
    file:  

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    Aaron Dutton

2017-02-22 21:03:44 (Reply to:jbautoworkz)

There is an USB/Ethernet adapter that can be bought from Autel so you can carry out
    the latest update which will fix the wifi issue. The adapter is normally used for BMW
    programming.

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    BOB

2017-03-02 09:38:51 (Reply to:Aaron Dutton)

I'm not sure Aaron!
    As I know Ethernet usb dongle for BMW is not neccesary to use, because the vci have
    build in net, I didn't try it yet, but when U connect vci by usb , in the unit U can observe
    obtaining IP address for Ethernet, so looks like vci have build in USB -net adapter.
    Regards:
    Bob
  Total1 Pages